Thursday, September 22, 2011

My name is what my name is who my name is matt

1.  my name is matt im going to describe to all you linguistics out there how to pronounce my name.  The first syllable of Matt has an onset of a voiced bilabial nasal with a rhyme of a mid central vowel "ma" the next part of Matt is the "tt" which is a voiced alveolar stop (not sure of that please write a correction comment if wrong).

2.  here is another description for the non linguistics in the house, for Matt you begin by making a nasal "mmmm" sound by putting your lips together and then let an "aaaa" sound come out followed quickly by a short "ttt" sound by putting your tongue in back of your upper teeth which kind of sounds like a spitting noise.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmaaaattt, my man. Your description of the proper pronunciation of your name is easy to understand, and to the best of my knowledge, correctly stated. The only thing missing is the IPA transcription.

    ReplyDelete